The Electoral Reform Services, the administrators of the OBA Chapter committee elections, have declared the results of seven contested elections* in Germany, Hong Kong, London, New York, Moscow, São Paulo and Switzerland. They have also declared the results for five uncontested** elections in Bangalore, Boston, Kuala Lumpur, Paris and Singapore.
These committees have been elected for a two-year term – the next elections will take place in 2017.
Where there were too few nominations to sustain a committee, we have talked to the nominees about serving as regional Alumni Ambassadors to help build OBA Network interest and activity in their area looking towards the next elections cycle.
We now have new contact point Alumni Ambassadors in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Pakistan, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Ohio, Iowa, Austin and Kiev. We will be connecting them to the alumni in their region in the New Year. If you are interested in being involved in this Ambassador programme, please contact Hannah Evans on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all those who participated in the election process, your new committees represent the energy, expertise, passion and diversity of the OBA Network!
We look forward to working with all our global alumni to continue to galvanize the OBA Network and to foster an exchange of business ideas.
(All committee members are listed alphabetically)
- Prashanth Angani (MBA 2007)
- Nitin Gupta (MBA 2011)
- Ashrujit Mohanty (MBA 2012)
- Rohit Sen (BA Economics & Management 1999)
- Ben Little (MBA 2008)
- Mike Ratcliffe (National Sciences, Physics 1962)
- David Webster (MBA 2008)
- Bijan Zakeri (DPhil Biochemistry, 2008)
OBA German Chapter
Each committee member represents an area of the country where OBA members reside in highest concentration.
- Vishal Kapadia (Berlin) (PPP 2004)
- Maike Sauter (Stuttgart) (MLF 2011)
- Hagen Schweinitz (Frankfurt) (PG Dip SI 2011)
- Andre Waßmann (Munich) (MBA 2006)
OBA Hong Kong
- Emily Chew (MBA 2009)
- Mona Chung (MBA 1999)
- Jenny Hui (MBA 2007)
- Betty Lam (MBA 1997)
- Ankit Sethi (MBA 2009)
OBA Kuala Lumpur
- Chung Han Lee (EMBA 8)
- Shafie Leow (Oxford Scenario Programme 2012)
- Sharath Martin (PGDip FS 2011)
- Dato’ Syed Kamarulzaman bin Dato’ Syed Zainol Khodki (AMLP 2013)
- Sazali Abdul Wahab (OAMPL 2015)
- Anne Doan (MFE 2013)
- John Fawcett-Ellis (EMBA 11)
- Ming Mimidis (MBA 2005)
- Susana Frazao Pinheiro (MBA 2005)
- Simren Shahpuri (MBA 2013)
- William Sun (MBA 2013)
OBA New York
- Ishveen Anand (BA Economics & Management 2003)
- Paul Beresford-Hill (MSc Education Studies 1990)
- Wendy Li (MLF 2010)
- Jeff Potter (MBA 2012)
- Blake Armstrong (MBA 2012)
- Cécile Demailley (Consulting for Change 2008)
- Robert McCann (EEM 1991)
OBA Russia (Moscow)
- Anna Andreeva (EMBA 8)
- Andrey Karpov (MBA 2009)
- Dmitry Ryabykh (EMBA 11)
- Denis Soloviev (EMBA 2)
OBA São Paulo
- Luciana Caletti (MBA 2009)
- Alexandre de Mello (MFE 2006)
- Rodrigo Saito (MBA 2009)
- Karen Lee (MBA 2014)
- Alex Lew (MBA 2014)
- Kira Pecherska ( BA Geography 2000)
- Amandeep Singh (MBA 2011)
- Sandra Berger-O’Brien (PG Dip FS 2009)
- Martin Steger (MBA 2005)
- Gregory Timofiejew (MSc Computer Science 2008)
To read more about this election process please visit our OBA Chapter Election micro site.
*A contested election is where there is at least one more nomination than the number of seats available on each committee.
**An uncontested election is where an equal number of nominations for the seats available were met and the committees were automatically elected.
*** For unique reasons, three Chapters (OBA Australia, OBA Delhi and OBA Johannesburg) were not included in these elections. Read more about these committees at the above links.